LIVE Commonwealth Games 2022 Latest Updates, Results And Photos From Birmingham: India’s campaign at the 2022 Commonwealth Games began on a good note with table tennis, badminton and hockey teams blanking their respective opponents. While there was disappointment in triathlon and cycling, Srihari Nataraj capped off the day by making the cut in the 100m backstroke final (men’s).
Here’s a brief summary of India’s results from the opening day:-
In the men’s category, Adarsh finished 30th and Vishwanath finished 33rd in men’s category TV. In the women’s event, Praganya and Sanjana finished 26th and 28th respectively.
CWG 2022 – FULL-COVERAGE | A FONDO | INDIAN FOCUS | OFF-THE-FIELD | IN PHOTOS
Women’s team won their first two group matches (1st match against South Africa 3-0 and second match against Fiji 3-0). Men’s team won their first group match against Barbados 3-0.
Men’s team will face Singapore in the second group stage match at 11:00 PM tonight.
Shiva Thapa defeated Baloch Suleman in the first match of 63.5 kg men’s boxing (5:0, Unanimous decision).
Sajan Prakash (50m Butterfly) failed to qualify for the semi-finals and Kushagra Rawat (400m freestyle) failed to qualify for the finals. Srihari Nataraj (100m backstroke) made the final.
Women’s sprint team failed to qualify for the semi-finals, team India finished 7 in the qualification round with a timing of 51.433 for Women’s team sprint. Men’s pursuit team finished last in the qualification round with a timing of 4:12.865.
In the men’s team sprint India finished 6th in the qualification round, failing to secure the semi-final slot for the same.
In women’s cricket, India lost to Australia in their first group stage match by three wickets. India scored 154 runs in 20 overs for the loss of 8 wickets, India will face Pakistan in their second group match on July 31.
Women’s team started with a dominant performance over Ghana (ranked 30th), defeating Ghana with a big margin 5-0. India will take on Wales tonight.
In lawn bowls Tania lost her first match in women’s single sectional play against Daphne of Falkland Islands (Score 20-21). In Men’s team event India lost to Scotland in men’s triple sectional play (Score 12-19).
India dominated Pakistan in the Mixed Team event winning all five matches.
Here’s India’s schedule for Saturday:-
- Men’s triples, section A (Round 3): India vs Malta – 1 PM IST
- Women’s singles, Sectional Play (Round 3): Tania Choudhury vs Laura Daniels (Wales) – 1 PM IST
- Men’s pairs, section C (Round 3): India vs Cook Islands – 7:30 PM IST
- Women’s fours, section D: India vs Canada – 10:30 PM IST
- Men’s 55kg final (Sanket Mahadev) – 1:30 PM IST onwards
- Men’s 61kg final (Gururaja) – 4:15 PM IST onwards
- Women’s 49kg final (Mirabai Chanu) – 8 PM IST onwards
- Women’s 55kg final (Bindyarani Devi) – 12:30 AM IST
- Women’s team, Group 2: India vs. Guyana – 2 PM IST
- Men’s team, Group 1: India vs Northern Ireland – 4:30 PM IST
- Men’s singles, round of 32: Ramit Tandon vs Christopher Binnie (Jamaica) – 5 PM IST
- Women’s singles, round of 32: Joshna Chinappa vs. Meagan Best (Barbados) – 5:45 PM IST
- Women’s singles, round of 32: Sunayna Kuruvilla vs. Aifa Azman (Malaysia) – 5:45 PM IST
- Men’s singles, round of 32: Saurav Ghosal vs. Shamil Wakeel (Sri Lanka) – 6:15 PM IST
- Women’s singles, round of 32: Anahat Singh vs Emily Whitlock (Wales) – 11:45 PM IST
- Men’s singles, round of 32: Abhay Singh vs Alan Clyne (Scotland) – 12:15 AM IST
- Men’s over 54kg-57kg, round of 32: Mohammad Hussamuddin vs Amzolele Dyeyi (South Africa) – 4:30 PM IST
- Women’s over 66kg-70kg, round of 16: Lovlina Borgohain vs Ariane Nicholson (New Zealand) – 12 AM IST
- Men’s 86kg-92kg, round of 16: Sanjeet Kumar vs Ato Leau (Samoa) – 1 AM IST (July 31)
- Mixed team, Group A: India vs Sri Lanka – 1:30 PM IST onwards
- Mixed team, Group A: India vs Australia – 11:30 PM IST onwards
- Men’s marathon final (Nitender Rawat) – 1:30 PM IST onwards
- Men’s 200m freestyle heats (Kushagra Rawat) – 3 PM IST onwards
- Men’s 200m freestyle final (Kushagra Rawat)* – 12:13 AM IST onwards (July 31)
- Men’s 100m backstroke 59 finals (Ashish Kumar Singh) – 12:18 AM IST (Para Swimming)
- Men’s 100m backstroke final Srihari Nataraj – 1:35 AM IST onwards (July 31)
- Women’s team final and individual qualification: Pranati Nayak, Ruthuja Nataraj, Protishta Samata – 9 PM IST onwards
- Women’s Pool A: India vs Wales – 11:30 PM IST
- Qualifying, women’s sprint: Triyasha Paul, Mayuri Lute – 2:32 PM IST
- Qualifying, women’s 3000m individual pursuit – Meenakshi – 3:11 PM IST
- 1/8 finals, women’s sprint*: 4:03 PM IST
- Quarter-finals, women’s sprint*: 4:36 PM IST
- Qualifying, men’s 4000m individual pursuit: Vishvajeet Singh, Dinesh Kumar – 4:52 PM IST
- First round, men’s keirin: David Beckham, Esow Alben – 8:32 PM IST
- Semi-finals, women’s sprint*: 8:52 PM IST
- Finals, women’s 3000m individual pursuit*: 9:00 PM IST
- First round repechage, men’s keirin*: 9:14 PM IST
- Final, men’s 4000m individual pursuit*- 9:56 PM IST
- Second round, men’s keirin – 10:11 PM IST
- Finals, women’s sprint – 10:21 PM IST
- Finals 1-6, men’s keirin* – 10:47 PM IST
- Finals 7-12, men’s keirin* – 10:52 PM IST
*Subject to qualification
Read all the Latest News and breakingnews here