No. 11/12 Tennessee (2-3) will shut out its keep on the 2022 Dangerous Boy Mowers Ladies’s Battle 4 Atlantis at 2:30 pm on Monday, because it faces RV/RV Gonzaga (4-1) within the third- place sport at Imperial Area.
The match-up continues a pattern of the Girl Vols dealing with groups ranked or receiving votes in 5 of six video games in 2022-23, with Rutgers being the lone exception.
UT finds itself within the third-place sport after defeating Rutgers within the opening spherical (94-54) on Saturday after which falling to RV/RV UCLA (80-63) within the semifinals on Sunday. Gonzaga, in the meantime, fell to Marquette, 70-66, within the semifinals on Sunday after toppling No. 6/4 Louisville on Saturday, 79-67, in extra time.
This may mark the fifth assembly between the Girl Volunteers and Zags, with the Girl Vols holding a 4-0 benefit within the collection. UT has a 2-0 document vs. GU at impartial websites, most just lately coming from 17-down to defeat the Zags at Spokane Area, 73-69, in extra time on March 28, 2015.
Tennessee is within the midst of a six-game campaign-opening gauntlet over a 14-day interval. UT performed three video games within the first seven days of the season and now’s within the midst of a three-games-in-three-days stretch within the B4A tourney, adopted by a two-in-three-day run at dwelling on Nov 25 (Colorado) and 27 (Japanese Kentucky).
- ESPNU will televise the Tennessee vs. Gonzaga contest, with Kevin Fitzgerald (PxP) and Carolyn Peck (Analyst) on the decision for the third-place sport on the Ladies’s Battle 4 Atlantis.
- The competition additionally will be heard on Girl Vol Community radio stations and by audio stream, with Voice of the Girl Vols Brian Rice in his first season behind the mic. He can be joined by studio host Andy Brock.
- A hyperlink to the reside audio stream will be discovered on every sport’s Hoops Central web page or the Girl Vol schedule on UTSports.com.
- For an inventory of Girl Vol Community associates, please click on on the Followers tab on the prime of UTSports.com, choose Vol Community after which click on on the Vol Community Associates tab.
- Air time for video games on the Girl Vol Radio Community usually happens half-hour previous to tip-off.
Girl Vol Trending Subjects
- Senior ahead Rickea Jackson has emerged because the Girl Vols’ scoring chief the previous 4 video games, tallying 24, 17, 26 and 14 factors after opening the season with 9 factors at Ohio State. She is averaging 20.3 factors per sport throughout that span and 18.0 for the season.
- Jordan Horston has scored in double figures in each sport she has accomplished on this season, averaging 14.3 ppg. over these three contests. She was injured within the second quarter vs. UMass and in addition missed the subsequent contest vs. Indiana.
- Marta Suarez, who missed all of final season attributable to an harm and restoration, has proven flashes of her freshman 12 months contributions. She has produced 8.5 factors and 5.5 rebounds whereas taking pictures 56 p.c from the sector over the previous two video games right here in The Bahamas. She has led UT on the boards the previous two contests.
- Tennessee bought to the free-throw line 31 instances vs. UCLA and is averaging 16.0 factors per contest on the charity stripe.
- UT, which is trying to enhance in its board play to this point this season, restricted UCLA to an opponent-low 5 second-chance factors on Sunday.
- Tamari Key has had her productiveness restricted offensively over the previous two video games, however she has continued to be a defensive presence. She blocked 5 pictures vs. Rutgers and three vs. UCLA to common 4.0 throughout this match.
- Tennessee returns dwelling Tuesday afternoon, has preparation days on Wednesday and Thursday, and welcomes Colorado and Japanese Kentucky to Knoxville on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
- The Girl Vols and Buffaloes will meet at 7 pm ET on Friday in a sport televised by SEC Community.
- The Huge Orange and Colonels face off on Sunday at 2 pm in a matinee streamed on SECN+.
First Time At B4A, Third Time In The Bahamas
- That is the Girl Vols’ first look on the Battle 4 Atlantis, however it’s their third journey to The Bahamas.
- They’re visiting their third completely different island, having twice participated within the Junkanoo Jam Match on two different isles.
- In 2013-14, the Tennessee ladies went 2-0 and gained the Lucaya Division on the Junkanoo Jam in Freeport on Grand Bahama Island.
- UT defeated Virginia, 76-67, and SMU, 87-47, in Freeport.
- In 2018-19, the Girl Vols traveled to Resorts World Bimini and gained each video games there to seize the Junkanoo Division crown on the Junkanoo Jam.
- In Bimini, the Huge Orange turned again Clemson, 78-66, and UAB, 73-69 in extra time.
- To date on the B4A, UT is 1-1 after streaking previous Rutgers, 94-54, in opening spherical play on Saturday and falling, 80-63, to RV/RV UCLA within the semifinals on Sunday.
- Tennessee is making its fourth in-season journey exterior the US and sixth worldwide tour in the course of the previous 10 years, holding a 14-1 mark on overseas soil soil throughout that stretch, together with 8-1 in video games that depend towards season information after Saturday’s win .
- That is this system’s tenth all-time worldwide tour, and UT is 25-8 on overseas soil.
- That is the Girl Vols’ first journey exterior the nation since going to The Netherlands, Belgium and France in August 2019 previous to Kellie Harper‘s first season at Rocky High. Seniors Jordan Horston, Tamari Key and Jessie Rennie had simply arrived at Tennessee.
- The B4A is UT’s first in-season worldwide journey because the 2018 Junkanoo Jam in Bimini, Bahamas.
- UT has been to Freeport, Bahamas/2013 Junkanoo Jam (2-0); Cancun, Mexico/2017 Cancun Problem (3-0); Bimini, Bahamas/2019 Junkanoo Jam (2-0); and now Paradise Island, Bahamas/2022 Battle 4 Atlantis for NCAA countable competitors.
- Overseas Excursions and information embody Brazil in June 1987 (1-4), England in January 1992 (2-1), Belgium/France/Switzerland in August 1999 (5-0), Italy/Greece in August 2003 (3-2) , Italy in 2015 (3-0) and The Netherlands/Belgium/France in 2019 (3-0).
- Not counting in these totals are journeys to US territory tournaments in San Juan, Puerto Rico/San Juan Shootout in November-December 2002 (3-0); and two appearances in St. Thomas, USVI/Paradise Jam in Nov. 2005 (3-0) and Nov. 2010 (2-1).
Wanting Again At The UCLA Recreation
- The No. 11/12 Girl Vols suffered a troublesome loss on Sunday within the semifinal spherical of the 2022 Dangerous Boy Mowers Ladies’s Battle 4 Atlantis, falling 80-63 to an undefeated UCLA squad that’s receiving votes in each the AP and USA TODAY Coaches Polls.
- Tennessee (2-3) was led by seniors Rickea Jackson and Jordan Horston who turned in 14 and 11, respectively.
- The Bruins (5-0) had been sizzling from lengthy vary, flattening 16 treys on 53-percent taking pictures from behind the arc.
- Charisma Osborne led that effort, hitting 5 threes en path to changing into the sport’s main scorer with 23 factors. Kiki Rice was additionally in double figures with 15, whereas Gina Conti and Lina Sontag every turned in 12.
Free Throw Machine
- Rickea Jackson scored 10 of her 14 factors from the free-throw line towards UCLA, going 10 of 12 on the night time.
- She is 16 of 19 from the charity stripe during the last three video games for a free-throw proportion of 84.2 p.c.
Chopping Again On The Miscues
- Tennessee restricted its miscues to simply 14 towards the Bruins, marking the bottom whole turnover of the season to date.
- Tennessee has averaged 31.5 factors per sport from its reserves on the Battle 4 Atlantis, getting 37 vs. Rutgers and 26 vs. UCLA.
- For the season, the Girl Vols’ bench is outscoring the bench of UT’s foes, 21.2 to 16.4.
A Look At Gonzaga
- Gonzaga enters Monday’s contest with 5 gamers averaging double figures in scoring, together with Yvonne Ejim (17.2), Brynna Maxwell (13.8), Kaylynne Truong (12.0), Eliza Hollingsworth (11.8) and Kayleigh Truong (10.3).
- The Zags shoot 40.2 p.c from the three-point arc, led by Brynna Maxwell (14-24, 58.3) and Eliza Hollingsworth (7-12, 58.3).
- GU is 73 of 91 from the charity stripe for a scorching 80.2 p.c by 5 video games.
- Gonzaga is led by Lisa Fortier, who’s 209-55 in her ninth 12 months as head coach on the college.
- Fortier has directed the Zags to seven NCAA appearances and has been named the West Coast Convention Coach of the 12 months on 4 events.
- Gonzaga and Tennessee each have spouse/husband tandems holding down the top coach place and one of many assistant coach spots.
- Lisa Fortier’s husband, Craig, and Kellie Harper‘s partner, Jon, deal with these tasks.
Gonzaga’s Final Recreation
- Regardless of three Zags scoring in double figures, Gonzaga ladies’s basketball fell simply quick to Marquette, 70-66, within the second sport of the Battle 4 Atlantis match.
- Each Brynna Maxwell and Kaylynne Truong scored 18 factors, and Eliza Hollingsworth additionally scored 12. Yvonne Ejim led the staff in rebounds with 11 and scored 9 factors, simply wanting her second double-double of the 12 months.
- The sport noticed seven lead modifications and the sport tied at 5 completely different factors. Rebounds had been additionally aggressive with each groups, as GU grabbed 38 in comparison with Marquette’s 39.
- The Zags had been with out Kayleigh Truong attributable to an harm sustained in Saturday’s sport towards Louisville.
- Tennessee is 4-0 all-time vs. Gonzaga, whereas UT’s Kellie Harper is 0-1 vs. the Zags.
- UT is 2-0 vs. GU at impartial websites.
- The groups final met on March 28, 2015, within the NCAA Candy 16 on the off-campus Spokane Area, the place the Girl Vols erased a 17-point late second-half deficit to win in extra time, 73-69.
- Former Girl Vol Angie Bjorklund (2007-11) hails from Spokane, Wash., the place Gonzaga is positioned, and her sister Jami performed for the Zags from 2005-09.