Latest Free YouTube Video:
Job Listing: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress a plus. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject PHP DEVELOPER with resume.
This Week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
August 8, 2022 Observer Newsletter: SummerSlam, Ric Flair’s Last Match
This Week’s Retro Observer Newsletter: June 20, 2005 Observer Newsletter: ECW One Night Stand
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to dave@ wrestlingobserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Saturday News Update
- On the MackMania podcast this week, Paul Heyman discussed Vince McMahon’s retirement from WWE:
- I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Vince McMahon. What a hypocrite I would be to say anything less than extraordinarily complementary about that man. His work ethic, his willingness to put in 20, 22 hours a day, every day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for 40 years is why we are all fabulously wealthy, and will never get the credit nor the understanding that he deserves and that he earned.
- Fully supportive of the new regime. They understand the task at hand, and the people that are involved right now at steering this ship were prepared to steer this ship by Vince McMahon. When I took the job as executive director, I asked Vince, ‘What is the greatest service that I can give this company in this role?’ … His answer from him was, ‘Get your successor ready in case you drop dead, because the show goes on with or without you.’ And he looked me straight in the eyes and he says, ‘Because the show goes on without me. With or without me.’ And I meant it.
- Sports Illustrated also has an interview with Heyman.
- Drew McIntyre tweeted after Karrion Kross returned and attacked him on SmackDown last night: “Was I just jumped by the guy last seen wearing bondage and a helmet? I’ve had better Fridays…”
- Kayla Braxton explained why she looked annoyed While interviewing Liv Morgan in the ring on SmackDown: “For those wondering why I looked annoyed – I was disappointed with the disrespectful chants towards our SD Women’s Champion. @YaOnlyLivvOnce is so deserving so hush it when she speaks!”
- Shayna Baszler, Kofi Kingston, and Shinsuke Nakamura were interviewed on The SmackDown LowDown this week.
- NXT strength and conditioning director Sean Hayes is leaving WWE to join the XFL. Xyon Quinn wrote on Instagram: “The OG of @wwenxt Best wishes on your next adventure with @xfl brother, they’ve gained a beast of a trainer and an absolute legend of a bloke. @fla_hayes #youareNXT”
- WWE posted a behind-the-scenes photo gallery from SummerSlam.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero for the Cruiserweight title from No Way Out 2004, AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura from the May 15, 2018 episode of SmackDown, and Dominik Mysterio vs. Jey Uso from the August 6, 2021 SmackDown.
- In a promo for IWS Hardcore, Matt Menard detailed the injuries he suffered in Blood and Guts. Menard said it doesn’t look like he’ll need surgery for the injuries: “June 29, Detroit, Michigan, Blood & Guts, big cage match. Two rings. Hell of an ordeal. Very early on in that match, I kind of get dumped on my head by Santana. It wasn’t pretty. Ended up actually, tearing parts of my shoulder, my labrum, my rotator cuff. If you’re wondering, ‘Geez, Daddy Magic, early on in the match. Didn’t you climb to the top of the cage to save Chris Jericho? Did you climb to the top of the cage to save Chris Jericho with a torn shoulder, with your shoulder torn to shreds?’ The answer is yes. I’m basically a hero. The good news here is that it doesn’t look like it’s going to require surgery. We’re rehabbing it, injected some stem cells into the shoulder. The bad news is I will not be able to participate in the event for the IWS.”
- CM Punk was spotted no longer wearing a protective boot on his foot while appearing at C2E2 this weekend.
- Danhausen posted a picture with Sasha Banks while at C2E2.
- On the latest episode of Talk is Jericho, Dave Meltzer joined Chris Jericho to discuss the fall of Vince McMahon.
- Athena was the guest on AEW Unrestricted this week.
- Max the Impaler (managed by James Mitchell) has been added to the Burke Invitational at NWA 74.
- Taya Valkyrie will be appearing at Effy’s Big Gay Brunch in Hoffman Estates, Illinois on Sunday, September 4.